It’s time to plan your next Oregon overnight rafting trip so that you can take in the beauty of it all – wild rivers, mountain vistas, abundant farmlands, charming towns, and ice cream!
What do Oregon overnight rafting and ice cream have to do with each other? You remember the jingle: ‘I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!’ Think back to the last time you walked into an ice cream shop or an old-fashioned ice cream parlor. The distinctive, pleasant smell. The wall-mounted menu with a whole lotta flavor. The mouthwatering scoops, floats, and shakes that kept you wondering if you made the right choice. An ambiance that pulls you in and invites gathering or maybe lingering for that second scoop.
It’s the excitement and anticipation about what’s going to happen next. It’s the euphoria and tastebud bliss that comes with sampling a new flavor like Adirondack Bear Paw, Campfire S’moreo, or Star Gazer. It’s being overcome with nostalgia for road trips, camping on the lake, and family vacations. It’s the embodied enjoyment of a classic summer treat…that’s what overnight rafting and ice cream have in common!
Sorry to break the news but we don’t serve ice cream on our overnight river trips. However, you do have yummy options to treat yourself and your family at the local ice cream shops en route to or from the river. Why not keep the anticipation alive and savor the refreshing thrills before and after an Oregon overnight rafting trip?
Deschutes River, Oregon Overnight Rafting + Local Ice Cream:
Deschutes River 3-day trips located in Central Oregon featuring warm desert sunshine, reliable water flows, and ease of access 90 miles from Bend or 90 miles from Portland, Oregon.
- Oasis Cabins Ice cream & Shakes (Maupin, OR)
- Maupin Market Ice cream (Maupin, OR)
Rogue River, Oregon Overnight Rafting + Local Ice Cream:
Rogue River 4-day trips located in Southwest Oregon offer a treasured and charming river experience nestled deep in the coastal Siskiyou Mountains about 15 minutes from Grants Pass, Oregon.
- Udders Ice Cream & Gelato (Grants Pass, OR)
- Scoops & More (Grants Pass, OR)
The Owyhee River, Oregon Overnight Rafting + Ice Cream (along routes to/from the river):
Owyhee River 4-day trips located in Southeast Oregon within a remote river canyon that has been praised as the ‘Grand Canyon of Oregon‘ with proximity to Boise, Idaho.
- Mike’s Ice Cream (Hood River, OR)
- Goody’s Ice Cream (Sunriver, OR)
- Eberhard’s Ice Cream (Redmond, OR)
- The Stil Ice Cream (Boise, ID)
- Delsa’s Ice Cream (Boise, ID)
With each river’s unique location across the state of Oregon, you’ll likely be traveling and have the opportunity to enjoy one or two of these ice cream novelties:
- Umpqua Ice Cream guarantees that ‘when you purchase Umpqua Dairy products, you are selecting natural, locally made products that are nationally recognized for their quality.’
- Tillamook Ice Cream promises to ‘source the highest quality ingredients to bring you products that are DOWNRIGHT DELICIOUS.’
- Salt & Straw Ice Cream created a ‘community gathering place…one where you could run into neighbors, spend time with family, or treat yourself. A great neighborhood place.’
Without a doubt, these three distinctive Oregon overnight rafting trips and ice cream excursions will keep you coming back for more! Don’t be surprised if you find yourself craving novelty, cool summertime treats, and repeat river trips in Oregon. We’ll be here, delighted to host your family’s annual river trip!